In this fast-moving life, we all aspire to be healthy and fit some way or the other. No one wants to suffer from any sort of health diseases. However, good health is highly elusive to most of us. The reasons for this differ from person to person, but usually, it is because of a lack of time, effort, or knowledge.
On top of that, most people have unrealistic expectations of being healthy, such as having an athlete’s physique or having unhealthily low levels of body fat. It is about having a robust immune system and maintaining healthy habits such as regular exercise and proper nutrition throughout your daily life. If you are a corporate employee who spends most of his time sitting all day, staying healthy and fit might seem like an unachievable task. After a long and tiring day of work, you might find little to no time or energy to go to the gym to exercise or go for a run. And in such a tired state, you might find little motivation to eat healthily and instead gorge on anything you can get your hands on. Adopting a healthy lifestyle and habits, strictly following at work can positively affect all areas of your life. You will be able to improve your physical and mental health and your productivity and performance as well. Moreover, by maintaining healthy habits at your work can also inspire the co-workers of yours.
Here are some healthy office habits that you can adopt to enhance your overall health and increase your productivity and happiness –
- Start your day in the morning with a glass of luke warm water and add honey. Honey with luke warm water empty stomach has numerous health benefits & also helps with weight loss. We have a range of honeys with us, you can select from our products catalogue.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We should never skip our breakfast as its is said a good nutritious breakfast gives you energy to work the entire day. Cornflakes is the easiest, simplest and one of the healthiest breakfast options! We have launched Cornflakes to fulfil your daily breakfast needs.
- Once you reach office make sure you are maintaining a proper sitting posture. Always sit upright and maintain proper posture at work. Bad posture can cause a myriad of health problems such as neck pain, back pain, eye fatigue, and so forth.
- Don’t remain seated to your chair the entire day. Keep moving on regular intervals as to reduce the health issues which sitting at one place for long duration can cause. Walking can also help you burn calories.
- Too much of caffeine is not really good for health. When we are working, we don’t realize how much caffeine we are intaking so switching to a healthier option is always welcomed. As we all know green tea holds a lot of good health benefits and also fulfils your caffeine cravings. Drinking a cup or two in a day of green tea can also help you control your weight gain. We have two green tea options with us, one is the classic green tea and other one is the tulsi green tea, you can select according to your preference.
- You should always carry your lunch as homecooked food is any day better than what you order from restaurants or cafes. It can help you save your money too. By making and packing your own lunches, you will be able to choose the healthiest ingredients that will surely keep you healthy and fit. One of the healthy lunch options is soya chunks. Home cooked soya chunks are amazing in taste plus holds great nutritional value. Our soya chunks are great in taste and are fat free option that you can avail, check out now!
- Stocking up healthy snacking options is also important as working for long hours can cause you to feel hungry all the time. Healthy snacks can keep you energized and productive throughout your day at work. Stash some of your favourite healthy snacks in your desk drawer and munch on them whenever you feel hungry. Dates is one of the healthiest snacking option you, with various health benefits of dates they can also fulfil your cravings for sweets. We have various farm fresh dates options available with us. You can just stock it and enjoy dates daily.
- Drink water frequently. Always make sure that you drink enough water throughout your day at work. Not drinking enough water can cause fatigue, headaches, dizziness, and difficulty concentrating. Try to drink at least 2 litres of water daily to stay adequately hydrated and focused at work.
- Clean and organize your workspace as your space and environmental directly impact your mental & emotional health. An unorganized workspace can cause a lack of concentration, focus, and motivation at work. On the other hand, a clean and organized workspace can increase productivity and performance.
- Meditation is one of the best ways to reduce stress and be at peace with your inner self. Practicing meditation regularly also improves immunity, concentration, happiness, and many more. Make it a habit to practice meditation at work for at least 10 minutes every morning. Doing so will significantly improve your productivity at work and also your health.
Beyond bringing healthy snacks for work, overall healthier eating choices and walking breaks, it is important to be present to your stress levels. Take those vacation days, and make sure you really recharge on your days off. While it can be tempting to blame our busy schedules for the lack of focus on health, they are not an excuse. Even the busiest professionals can make small workplace wellness changes that will make their time at the office more productive, and their lives overall – healthier and happier. We can definitely help you with your daily eating requirements, rest all you need to follow and have a happy work life.